- 1 What goes well with rice?
- 2 What are some Japanese side dishes?
- 3 What is a rice bowl called in Japanese?
- 4 What is a good sauce to put on rice?
- 5 What spices should I add to rice?
- 6 What sides go with Japanese curry?
- 7 What is a good accompaniment to sushi?
- 8 What dish goes with Japanese curry?
- 9 What is Kokoro?
- 10 What does bibimbap mean?
- 11 What is a good size Ramen Bowl?
- 12 What is yum yum sauce made of?
- 13 What to put on white rice to make it taste better?
- 14 How can I spice up plain rice?
What goes well with rice?
- Clean shrimp. Remove tails. Chop garlic.
- In a large bowl mix shrimp with pesto sauce. Add salt and pepper. Marinate at least 15 minutes.
- Add garlic to oiled pan. Cook on medium heat until garlic is fragrant.
- Add shrimp. Stir on medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
What are some Japanese side dishes?
A Colorful & Healthy Selection: Japanese Vegetable Side Dishes & Salads
- Kinpira Gobo. Kinpira gobo is a sweet and earthy-tasting Japanese salad of braised gobo (burdock root) and carrot.
- Carrot & Daikon Namasu.
- Kiriboshi Daikon.
- Cucumber Sunomono.
- Horensou No Goma-ae.
- Hijiki Carrot Salad.
- Potato Salad.
- Okra Aemono.
What is a rice bowl called in Japanese?
Donburi (丼, literally ” bowl “, also abbreviated to “-don” as a suffix, less commonly spelled “domburi”) is a Japanese ” rice – bowl dish ” consisting of fish, meat, vegetables or other ingredients simmered together and served over rice.
What is a good sauce to put on rice?
Pesto is great on rice. Grated cheese is great on rice, as is sweet chilli sauce or mango chutney. Also, oyster sauce, teriyaki sauce or hoisin sauce.
What spices should I add to rice?
If you want something a bit more unique, try cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, or a combination of the three. Together, earthy cumin, floral cardamom, and warm cinnamon can infuse your rice with traditional Indian character. To take things up a notch, Spiceography suggests frying the spices in oil first.
What sides go with Japanese curry?
15 Easy Japanese Side Dishes For Your Weeknight Dinner
- 15 Easy Japanese Side Dishes For Your Weeknight Dinner.
- Spinach Ohitashi ( Japanese Spinach Salad)
- Teriyaki Tofu.
- Cucumber and Chicken Marinated in Chili Oil.
- Broccoli Blanched with Sesame Oil.
- Ramen Egg (Ajitsuke Tamago)
- 6. Japanese Chilled Tofu (Hiyayakko)
What is a good accompaniment to sushi?
To help you out, I’ve gathered some of the best sides, desserts, and drinks that will transform your sushi into an unforgettable meal.
- Miso Soup. Japanese meals always have soup in it, so this is a must if you’re eating sushi.
- Gari or Pickled Ginger.
- Kani Salad.
- Seaweed Salad.
What dish goes with Japanese curry?
Serve this hearty, thick curry simply with rice or cooked noodles. A fried egg on top works well. Or, make a tofu bowl with it. For special occasions, serve the curry with rice and crispy pork — fried on the stovetop or baked in the oven.
What is Kokoro?
Kokoro (Japanese: 心) means “heart” or “mind” in Chinese characters.
What does bibimbap mean?
Bibimbap (/ˈbiːbɪmbæp/ BEE-bim-bap, from Korean 비빔밥 [pi. bim. p͈ap̚], literally “mixed rice”), sometimes romanized as bi bim bap or bi bim bop, is a Korean rice dish.
What is a good size Ramen Bowl?
It is commonly said that the capacity of your ramen bowl should be at least 34oz or more (1000ml) because ramen consists of at least 17oz (500ml) of soup, noodles, and toppings.
What is yum yum sauce made of?
Yum Yum Sauce is made of mayonnaise, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, sugar, paprika and water to thin the sauce out. That’s it! It’s really just a matter of the right ratios of ingredients to get the flavor you want!
What to put on white rice to make it taste better?
A little oil, salt, and some oregano, basil, or rosemary can add instant oomph to a boring bowl of rice. Fresh or dried herbs are perfectly easy add -ins.
How can I spice up plain rice?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.